Common Real Estate Administration Tasks
It is most common to have an unlicensed administration assistant. But it is extremely important that this person does not engage in activities that require a real estate licence. A licensed assistant will be able to perform a larger variety of tasks; however they will also require more compensation to do.
Most teams use unlicensed administration staff and leave tasks requiring a licence to their buyer and listing agents.
Here are some tasks that your administration staff can complete (courtesy of Sue Styles – http://www.maximizedresults.com/):
- Answer all phone calls and delegate as required.
- Prepare listing presentation materials.
- Input new listings into the system and follow the listing checklist.
- Print feature sheets and take to new listings.
- Handle phone calls and emails as a priority throughout the day.
- Print anniversary letters and mail to past clients.
- Forward all sign calls/leads to agent.
- Set up buyer showings as requested.
- Monthly mass-email newsletter or correspondence.
- Periodic mail outs – unaddressed / addressed ad mail.
- Manage supplies at office, order new supplies as needed.
- Co-manage the contact database.
- Co-manage listings/buyers files.
- Handle couriers.
- Run errands as required.
- Prepare marketing material and send out as directed.
- Push weekly social media/blog.
- Process all real estate transactions and follow appropriate checklists.
- Co-manage signs, lockboxes, and key inventory.
- Liaise with lawyers, lenders, clients and other agents as required.
- Assist with staging.
- Call leads and database for listings and referrals.
- Plan client events.
- Attend events with Realtor.
- Review, revise current duties and systems.
- Take ongoing education.
- After hours work calls/emails.